Having a kid(s) is EXPENSIVE! As a mom, I’ve learned to not only look for the best deals, but also learned how to save where it counts.
my top 5 ways to save $$ as a mom with a serious shopping habit:
1. Hands down, the best way to save money, especially as an online shopper is Ebates. I’ve been an active member since 2014, and I have earned over $500 just by doing my normal shopping. While some (my husband) may call my “normal” a bit excessive, I find comfort in the fact that I really am getting some of my money back. When that Big Fat Check comes in the mail, it is a joyous day.
2. Ibotta is a rebate app where you can get $ back when you purchase certain items and scan your receipts. Ibotta is an in-store thing, so I use it mostly for grocery shopping and Target trips. Ibotta now works with Costco as well for big haul shopping trips. It almost makes grocery shopping fun. I’ve been shopping with Ibotta for just over 3 months, and I’ve made over $40 just by doing regular grocery shopping.
3. If you don’t already have one, get a Target Red Card. But you say, “I don’t like credit cards” or “I’m not allowed to have another credit card”. Well, I have the DEBIT Red Card. AKA every time I shop at Target, the money comes directly from my checking account. No waiting to pay off the bill at the end of every month. It’s just like using cash, except you save 5% on every purchase on top of all the other coupons and deals you can usually get from a little online, Target research.
The Red Card has many benefits, but one of my favorites is that if you ever need to return something that was bought using your Red Card, you don’t need a receipt. Simply bring the item and your Red Card, and boom! You’re done. As a mom on the go, I’m always looking for ways to be in and out of stores as quickly as possible.
4. The Target Cartwheel App is an app on your phone that has extra savings on certain products at Target. Scan your Cartwheel barcode at checkout, and you can save tons of money on purchases. You can use this in addition to your Red Card, so if you catch my drift, the savings really do start to add up. Are you catching on to my Target addiction yet?
5. Become a Nordstrom Debit Card holder. And you’re thinking, “I can’t afford to shop at Nordstrom!” Guess what? Me neither! But you can use your Nordstrom card at any Nordstrom Rack store or at Hautelook, a website affiliated with Nordstrom Rack that has different savings every day.
I get most of my kids’ nice clothes from Nordstrom Rack and Hautelook. Fast shipping and easy returns to any Nordstrom Rack store. I hardly ever shop at the actual Nordstrom store — I make exceptions for certain items such as shoes and makeup, but the Nordstrom Card and its rewards really pay off at Nordstrom Rack and Hautelook.
there you have it —
The top 5 ways in which I try to save money while I shop. In addition to all of these, I do my best to shop when there are sales and deals, and I hope to be able to share them with you!